Interpreting Nutritional LabelsSeptember 24, 2019
HOW TO REDUCE PAIN and INCREASE RESILIENCE WITH A PLANT BASED DIETOctober 31, 2019
This is a great recipe for those who are plant based or are recovering from sickness or are going through a diverticulitis flare up.
The black beans can be exchanged for kidney beans or a 4 bean mix. Please soak overnight as they can cause gastrointestinal disturbances if you don’t soak them. P.S chickpeas need extra cooking as they stay firmer than the rest of the beans.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow capsicum , chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1carrot diced
- 5-10 mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 3 cups veg stock (add recommended amount of liquid to stock to make up 3 cups)
- 1 can black bean or 4 bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Red kidney bean drained
- 1/2 broken down pumpkin.
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley or 2teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili flakes (to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a large skillet pan, sauté the onion, yellow capsicum, carrot in oil until tender. Add garlic and mushrooms cook 1 minute longer.
Transfer to a slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.